Tuesday, February 3, 2009

List of names

This past Friday, I found a list of the names of Genevieve's classmates in her pre-school mail slot. I stared at it, thought "hmm, that's nice" and put it in my bag.

Another child's mom followed behind, and the gender difference is that she immediately understood the intent and significance of finding this list in our mail slot.

"Ooo, good, the class list! Just in time for Valentine's Day."

I suspect that in general, Valentine's Day is more popular with girls than boys, and that it was no mistake that that the mom got jiggy to the meaning of the list before I did. I don't know if She-Who-Does-The-Shopping will get a pack of the tear-off cards, or if she has plans for a card-making project. Since there are about 15 other kids in her class, that's a bunch of work.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, the list. I just sent it home for my class on Friday.

    ReplyDelete