Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cleanliness

Myth: Now that our children are old enough to bathe themselves, I have them bathe in order to get clean.

Myth debunked: Cleanliness is a fortunate side-effect. Children are sent to the bath for wholesome, confined entertainment while I clean the kitchen in relative peace. I can tell if they're doing okay--the incessant din of their screeches easily reaches the kitchen. Sometimes Reesa will come wandering down the hall, wet and without towel, and will say through chattering teeth, "I'm sh-iv-ery." She does not yet appreciate my explanation about the cooling effect of the evaporative process on human skin.



News Flash -- The hydrangea fairies live out back. In the hydrangea shrubs. The Lizzy fairy lives in the fairy house off the front stoop. They know each other, and they are good friends but are not related. Of course, none of them are in either place right now, since it is winter and too cold outside. This is very important, so I thought I'd let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment