Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ear

Reesa complained that her ear ached at 5:30 this morning. I was putting away dishes in the kitchen and trying to get ready to leave for work, and thought that it would be much better for my chances of making the 6:28 if she were mistaken. I gave her some pain reliever, changed out her wet overnight pull-up diaper, and sent her for some cuddling with mommy.

I had forgotten about it until my wife called me at work.

"Reesa is asking why her name brand pain reliever isn't working yet, and that her ear hurts. Know anything about this?"

So I fessed up and after a couple of hours I learned that Genevieve would not have to come and hang-out with daddy while Reesa visited the doctor, as other arrangements for Genevieve's care were made. I asked my wife to give me a call to let me know how the doctor's visit went.

She-Who-Usually-Takes-Sick-Children-To-The-Doctor didn't miss a beat. "I can tell you how it went right now. We'll show up at the clinic, check in at the desk, and wait for a long time. Then they'll call us in, and we'll wait a long time, and an intern will see her, and we'll wait some more, and then the doctor will come in and prescribe antibiotics."

And that's exactly what happened. Followed by more crying and whining from Reesa.

Some days, I am soooooo happy that I get to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment