Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hula leaf girls

Genevieve let me know that she's got the facts on hula dancing. As we left the house one recent morning, I said that it looked like momma was doing a hula dance to send us off (momma sure does act ecstatically when I take the kids to their preschool). Genevieve informed me that hula was a dance done only when it was hot out, and only girls do it because they have to wear a nice skirt and fancy shoes, and that it is a special dance. I have no idea where she heard about this, and I may as well get used to that--she is or will be entering into that time when she learns more basic facts from sources other than mommy or daddy.

Today was a warm spring weekend day, and I raked the leaves from last fall that were buried under snow before I could get to them. Reesa and Genevieve announced that they were "leaf girls" and the leaf piles were their homes. You could tell that they were leaf girls because they had leaves stuck all over their clothes and they had gone to extra step of rubbing leaves into their hair. Needless to say, we had quite an extensive hair combing session before eating lunch.

Genevieve is demonstrating much more physical strength and ability this spring. She's starting to climb trees (I'm okay with that) and the onto the roof of her play house (not so okay with that one).

No comments:

Post a Comment