Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Flossing

Last night while I was in the kitchen doing dishes and the kids were in the bathroom getting ready for bed, Genevieve wanted to floss her teeth, and she pulled out some floss and began that task. Reesa, taking the cue from her sister, also decided to floss her teeth, but starting doing that thing that two-year olds do with rolls. She kept pulling and unrolling and after a small pile of a yard or two gathered at her feet, Genevieve took notice. I don't know how it all went down, but the end result was that Genevieve got the box of floss from Reesa and came to tell me all about it.

I heard her coming down the hall, through the playroom and to the kitchen complaining about something, but couldn't really hear her until she got close, and then I had a hard time hearing her because Reesa had never let go of her end of the floss and in fact, now that Genevieve was standing relatively still, was beginning to pull in some more floss, and I found myself saying over and over, "What...what...what are you DOING?"

"Reesa was making a mess of the floss, so I'm bringing it to you."

[Floss image from http://www.geocities.com/mbaker2304/MandyDH.html?1146101097154]

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great image. Genevieve standing there with the box while floss continues to be pulled out of it.

    kim

    ReplyDelete