Thursday, May 21, 2009

Power of... stickers as an entertainment device!

Overheard from our back seat on a recent 10 hour car drive after a dance weekend. Notes courtesy of She-Who-Loves-Fatherhood-in-three-easy-lessons. The conversation took place while exchanging and pasting stickers of doe-eyed anime figures over everything in reach of their five-point harnessed position, especially all over themselves.


"We're going to win against the bad girls!"
"The bad girls?"
"Yeah! They're trying to win, but we have to beat them."

"We're mermaids!"
"We're princesses!"

"Do you need some slime? They eat slime."
"Yeah, give me some slime."

"Huh-Huh-Huh!" (cartoon sound of panting)

"Let's use corn power."
"I don't like corn power. I like rainbow power."
"No, I want to use star power!"
"Let's use star-rainbow power."

"Ooooo, she has a lot of slime."

"Huh-Huh-Huh!"

"Oh no! They're winning."

"I'm Rosie and you're Jessica."
"I don't want to be Jessica. I want to be Emma."
"I'm not really a mermaid, I'm a princess."
"I'll be Emma-fairy."

...and on and on for a good hour.

3 comments:

  1. Do you have one of those cars with stickers all over the back windows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo... we have one of those cars with stickers all over the interior of the car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We once gave our 3-year old a brand new box of washable markers for a long car ride. We arrived at our destination with a Technicolor child. Every inch of bare skin was decorated, but it kept her entertained!

    ReplyDelete