Thursday, January 3, 2008

Rock star for a minute

Reesa really knows how to make daddy feel good. Whenever I pick her up at the end of child care, I get the rock star treatment. As soon as she sees me walking toward her room, or to the playground or wherever she is at the time, she shouts "Daddy! Daddy! Look at this! Daddy! That's my daddy! Daddy! Watch this! Daddy!" She runs to me and throws her little body into my arms and laughs. Oooo yeah, it is GREAT to be her father in those moments. I love being her father in lots of other moments, but I can feel the ego eatin' up the adolation in public.

I also want to document this behavior now, because it can look different at another age. Take today, for example. First, see Reesa, receive rock star treatment. Then, go down hallway and meet Genevieve as she is opening the door out of her room, dressed to go outside to the playground. She gives me a dark look that suggests 'oh yuck, that stinky ugly farty dog is here again' and she says, "I don't want to go home with you now!" Ahh, feel the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment