Monday, January 21, 2008

The hair store

In the category of Blindingly obvious if only I'd taken a minute to give it half a thought, I offer you my daughters' hairstyles.

I realize now that I liked the fact that Reesa's hair had grown long and, with the exception of some tidy-up trimmings, had been left to grow. Then today, momma took the girls to the "hair store," and Bammo! Reesa comes home with a wedge cut. If you don't know what a wedge cut is, well, good chance is you're a guy, and it doesn't matter anyhow. What became blindingly obvious to me in that moment was that I was going to have no control, and little influence, over how my daughters will look. Not that I wouldn't have come to that conclusion anyway, but I really hadn't thought about Reesa actually getting shorter hair.

Now that the bubble has been burst, I am steeling myself for the nose ring, purple hair and totally unflattering clothing that will be coming our way soon. And I do mean soon, because even though the infant and toddler years do seem to last a long time (due to the fact that I was awake for twice as many hours as in pre-child years), now it seems like it's starting to fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment