Sunday, January 13, 2008

Far away land

One

Lately, my wife and I have been spending various parts of the (or entire) nights sleeping apart from each other and with a child. Early one morning, I woke in Reesa’s bed with the two-year old on her knees, fixing me with the stare that probably woke me up.

“Daddy,” she said conversationally, “do you live in a far away land?”

“Um, no, I live here in this house. I’m in your bed.”

“You don’t live in a far away land?”

“Uh, no.” I rolled over. “But I wish I were there now.”

Another morning, another parent, another early morning conversation.

“Mommy, do you like mushrooms? Does daddy like mushrooms? We don’t like mushrooms. Dey too spicy. I don’t like mushrooms.”


Two

Reesa is very interested in dolls, and is very caring for them in her own way. Dolls sleep with blankets covering their faces, and can only stay warm with hats over their eyes. “Oh, I cuddle you, baby. Here you go. Ssshhhh.”


Tree

Reesa says “bakset” (basket), “Ge’ e’ eive” (Genevieve), and “somefing” (something). One of her prayers is, “I tankful for da lovey t’ees (lovely trees), an’ da lovey food…Ah-men!”

No comments:

Post a Comment