Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beauty queen

Boys and Girls, common folk

According to Reesa, "Girls say 'Yipee!' Boys say 'Yee haw!' "


Boys and Girls, royalty

Reesa had already pronounced herself a princess, and was hunting for more of the royal family. "Daddy, you're going to be my love-ely queen."

"King?"

"No! Queeeen."

"Well," my wife interjected, "mostly, men are not queens."

Moments like that, with simple statements of multiple understandings, make me smile.


Girl thing

Reesa views Eucerin as not merely moisturizer, but as a beauty product. Following the most recent episode (past episode here) of ghosting herself from head to toe, we've had to hide the Eucerin jar.

"I... wanted... to make... myself... beautiful," she sobbed when confronted by my wife.

Oh no, my little honey. You're already beautiful.

Really, we try to keep a household in which our children see themselves positively. How does "I'm not beautiful," creep into the mind of someone not yet three?

No comments:

Post a Comment