Friday, July 4, 2008

I have turned into my father

I admit that the pop music that got airplay in my youth wasn't, in the whole, better/ smarter/ less banal than is currently served up in 2008. However, I now have a different role in life and find "pop" music annoying in a way I wouldn't have predicted prior to thinking about being a father. Sometimes, it's just plain wrong.

I should start keeping track. Or maybe not. Anyway, the infraction that got me typing now is "1 2 3 4" by Feist:

One, two, three, four, five, six, nine, or ten
Money can't buy you back the love that you had then

And just to make sure that we reinforce bad counting for the younger kids, that couplet is repeated. It's almost enough to drive me back to "This Old Man" and "B-I-N-G-O." Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment