Sunday, June 3, 2007

Pink. It's the new blue.

Pink is the new blue

As noted in an earlier entry, Lily has no time for the finer distinctions of hues and color tones. Or primary colors. Used to be, that when you asked her what color something was, it was “blue.” Not anymore.

“Lily, what color is that?”

“Pink!”

Pink. It’s the new blue.


A-cute test

“Ant! Ant! Ant!” Lily was pointing up over my shoulder as we were eating dinner at our backyard picnic table. I looked in the direction she indicated—the roof of our house, one of our maple trees.

“Uh…no, I don’t see any ants up there, Lily,” I said.

“RIGHT DERE!”

My wife pointed them out to me. Two ants walking on a wire about 20 feet from us.

She might see the world in black and white for all we know, but you can’t find fault with her visual acuity.

This is a child who can spot a one foot drawing of our local college mascot (a.k.a. LCM) across two lanes of traffic while moving 30 m.p.h. Of course, when LCM walked right by us at the Memorial Day parade, she was too enthralled looking at something else to notice LCM. I had to gently grab her hand and hold it out for LCM to touch on his way by.

No comments:

Post a Comment